Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Specialized Trail Crew Contest

Specialized recently ran a contest for a Trail Crew, a group of riders that will ride their 2010 S-Works Stumpjumper and be an ambassador for their products. My friend Wynn Peterson sent me a link to the contest and told me I should enter. When I read it, I knew that it was for me. Hillary helped me make a video (see the videos on this blog page)
The qualifications that they were looking for included "riders who respect and are respected by their buddies." (here is the job description and the goodies that come with it-http://www.specializedriders.com/blog/1/post/show/2384 )
I latched on to this idea and asked all of my riding pals to watch the video and share their thoughts. The judges read the comments after watching the video, and thanks to them, I have made it to round 2!!
The next step is an actual ride. Tan @ Specialized called me and said that I will be riding with the guys at the local shop so that they can get to know me better. It sounds like I've got this gig nailed and that the ride is just to make sure that I'm the real deal and not some freak.
More to come as things continue to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Finish of race in Kansas 2004