Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall is here!

You can see the leaves have already begun to cover the trails in Slaughter Pen. This makes the trails a bit "shady." By this, I don't mean that the sun doesn't come through the trees; rather, the leaves cover the roots and rocks in the trail, making it anyones guess what you're going to hit as you fly down the trail. Thank goodness for great suspension! Still, I tend to be a little more cautious.
Got out and rode Saturday with a group of 5. We hit the newer sections of the park. Yesterday, I rode by myself late in the morning for an hour. I rode hard: Seed tick to Urban to Razorback to Free Time, to Rocky Ridge to Razorback and Seed Tick again. Good cardio workout.
Saw a 4' black snake leaving headed into the woods as I started my first trail. I barely missed running over him. Is it good or bad luck crossing the path of a black snake? Either way, I had a great ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Finish of race in Kansas 2004