Friday, September 18, 2009

The one that got away...



My brother Jon and his family came down to visit for Labor Day weekend. Jon and I always try to ride when we're together. We rode Saturday, and he filmed me the entire time with his helmet cam. We decided we would squeeze in a ride on Mon. morning as well before he had to hit the road, and I volunteered to man the helmet cam this time.
Labor Day started out with dense fog. With all of the moisture in the air, the first video I shot didn't turn out very well. The real bummer however was the second video. We rode up on a bridge, which was wet and slick. Jon hit the bridge at full speed and lost all traction. The bridge laid him out on his back. Then, to top it off, he slid off the side of the bridge on his back and fell what I would gauge to be 4 feet into the creek. It was amazing! Jon was done after that. At least he had video to watch of such a spectacular crash. Unfortunately we found out later that the battery had died. We are still bummed. There may never be another one like that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Finish of race in Kansas 2004