Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Nemesis

This is the hill on the slick rock trail that I mention in my video posted on Youtube. I attempted this hill every year for the last 4 years. This year, I knew it was coming. I took my time riding to where I could view the massive climb. Here I stopped, and watched the rest of my group make their attempts. Zobe tried 3 times, and on the third time, he fell. I waited for everyone else to make their tries. I had no idea what it would be like on my Enduro. The last several times I made the attempt was on a Stumpjumper Expert.
I pedeled, nice and steady. Everyone always tripped up on the initial part of the ascent where the rock has a few knobby rocks jutting out of the path. I calmly negotiated through. Amazingly, I conquered...all the way to the top! All of my pals were standing near the middle of the climb encouraging me, knowing that the hardest part was over. Soon, we were all at the top celebrating together. I received many a Hi-Five.
2009 was my year at Moab!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Finish of race in Kansas 2004