Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's practically here! Moab 2010

Next week. I will travel to Moab for my 6th spring in a row to meet up with some friends in Moab Utah, the Mecca of Mountain Biking. It began 6 years ago when my brother in law Al Doan told me that his friend from Logan Utah was going to Moab with his buddies, and that we were invited. Ever since then, with or without Al, I go hook up with those same guys in Moab; there's Neil Ethrington, Mike Molyneux (lovingly referred to as "Smart Mike"), Jordan Zobell (Zobe), and Will Jensen. Over the years we've picked up more regulars, including Mike Bisignani (Biz), Wayne Wheeler, and Gene Poncelet. Others have come, enjoyed, but have not found their way back.
Each year, wherever I've lived, I have rounded up a group of choice riders to carpool out with me. Rarely if ever have I had the same people go 2 years in a row. Finally, after many attempts and invites, this year, Randy Murray and Justin Chamberlain return to Moab for a second year in a row. There will be a total of 6 guys piling in one vehicle to ride out with me this year (the same number as last year) However, I have a friend coming from AZ, Rob Kelsey, who I rode with in the 24 hour race, and Sterling McMurrin, whos son Drew is driving out with us from here. Justin Chamberlain and his family moved to Colorado, but he and his dad are coming as Justin makes his second attempt at Moab...last year ended in disaster shortly after it began when Justin attempted a ledge that he shouldn't have on his very first ride. Wynn Peterson will not make it back this year, but his son in law, Nick Morrill, will, so excellent news there. He will not have to wait for his wife this year...did i just say that?
In all, we will have about 25 guys on the trail...HUGE. Maybe too big. I'll report back on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Finish of race in Kansas 2004