Thursday, April 8, 2010

Back to riding my bike to work

I didn't think I would ever do it, but last week I bought a road bike. It's an oldie, a 1986 Schwinn Prelude. Joel Patterson in KC was selling another piece of merchandise that I wanted (that one deserves its own post, so stay tunned, and when I get pics, I'll post) and he somehow talked me in to buying this old road bike as well. So far, I like it pretty well, except for it's little quirks. I took it in to Joe at Ozark Bike Shop in Rogers so that Joe can work his magic on it. I paid $180 for it, which looking back was probably a bit much considering it's already in the bike shop. Oh well. I'll just have to put alot of miles on it.
I've ridden to work twice this week, but plan to do much more this year. Great way to relieve stress, get some exercise, and save some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Finish of race in Kansas 2004