Sunday, January 31, 2010

More results from the Specialized Trail Crew Contest

I'll admit that there have been a few moments where I felt a little down trodden, having missed an opportunity to be on the trail crew. I do have some positive notes about this experience. I met a few guys though the contest, one of them being Rob Kelsey from Arizona. Rob and I got to know each other before the final results were announced, and we were both pulling for each other. Rob has a great big red Specialized "S" tatooed on his leg....how could they reject a guy like that? Though neither of us made the trail crew, we have continued to talk, and Rob decided that I needed to come be on his race team for the 24 hours of Pueblo. I have not had an opportunity to particpate in a 24 hour race. I did 2 12hr races in Missouri in 2004, one on a team of 3 or 4, and one in a duo with my friiend Shawn Force. That is a tough race! Now to do a 24 hr. seems overwelming. I told Rob it would be cool, but I didn't have the money to get there. Rob has taken care of that, as well as sent me his old light set (which doesn't shine like an old light set) and a couple of old pair of gloves he is not using (which don't look like they are old). I don't know what I did to deserve such treatment because I have never even met Rob, but all I can say is that he is a true friend to mountain biking. I can't wait to ride on his team and hope I will do my part for the team.
So on Feb. 11th, I fly to AZ and meet Rob. We will ride some trails the few days we have, and then Saturday at noon, the race begins. There will be posting for sure that night. I hope to take time to post something between each leg of the race that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Finish of race in Kansas 2004