Monday, October 12, 2009

Results from the Specialized Trail Crew Contest

The phone call came last Friday from Tan at Specialized. Sounds like I made the top 8, but they only chose 6. Pretty sad to be that close and miss a huge sponsorship like that. I discussed possible job opportunities with Tan, and he gave me a person to contact in HR. Could this be the beginning of a career? I've thought that before.
I consider myself pretty upbeat after the rejection. Long live mountain biking. Specialized is going to send me something anyway, I believe.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Quinton - you should feel priviledged - at least you got a call. I heard nothing - zilch - not a sausage! Left me very despondent. However, there is some hope at htt://www.twitter/thetrailcrew - they have a great manifesto. I think you guys are really lucky to have direct access to Specialized USA. Specialized South Africa sucks, never hear from them, but, then again, I've never bought a bike from them - all mine have been bought in the US and Europe.

    ReplyDelete


Finish of race in Kansas 2004