Sunday, December 12, 2010

California riding again...


It's been 8 years since the last time I rode in California. Last time was a family vacation. This time I was able to work it into my business trip. The president of the company I work for just happens to be a mountain biker as well. The other great thing is that we are both tall, and he has 2 mountain bikes. We were able to arrange my flight so that we could go ride one morning before our sales meetings began.

John took me to Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland, CA. Though John isn't as daring as I am on 2 wheels, he showed me some great trails and we had a great time. The park itself seemed well balanced in its offering of wide open fire roads and trails for the novice and technical climbs and descents for the expert. I didn't get to see everything this time around, but I hope to get back and explore this park some more. The redwoods and views were beautiful and definitely added to the riding experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Finish of race in Kansas 2004