Friday, October 1, 2010

Recap of the MS150


Daryl and I had a great time. We left my house at 4am to get to Clever Mo. The ride was well attended. We averaged 16mph on Saturday. The rest stops were well stocked with great high energy foods. The route was excellent- no major nasty hills like you would expect in the Ozarks, just a nice and fairly even route.
Toward the end of the last leg of the day, I still had enough left to lead a group of 3 into Joplin to the finish. Not sure what my speed was, but i was keeping a pretty fast pace.
I wanted to do the century route on Saturday since I wasn't going to ride on Sunday, but Daryl was riding Sunday and didn't want to wear himself out too bad. He did the century without me on Sunday.
I had a great time, and I'm sure I'll do this ride again, and recruit a few friends while I'm at it....guess it's time to find a road bike, or at least by next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Finish of race in Kansas 2004