Monday, August 9, 2010

What happens in Vegas...well, I'd like to find out.

I am hoping that I may finally get to see what it's all about. I've been to Las Vegas a handful of times, but never more than traveling through on my way to somewhere else. But this year, a friend of mine has hooked me up with a ticket to Interbike! If you don't know about Interbike, it's where everyone who is anyone goes in September to show off their stuff for the upcoming year. It includes 2 days of demoing the new rides as well.
At first I was planning to make a week of it, and end the week with a few days in southern Utah riding Gooseberry Mesa for the first time. Unfortunately, I found out that my girls have a church program that day, so I will have to cut my trip short if I end up getting to go. The next hurdle is finding affordable airfare. Hopeing something will work out. It's time for me to see what the BIG show is all about.
I am headed to Kansas City tomorrow to spend some time with family. There is a 12 hour race at one of my favorite biking spots up there this weekend, but sadly, I have neither the time nor the money to participate. Next year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment


Finish of race in Kansas 2004