Saturday, August 14, 2010

on the sidelines

A few events happened today that I wish I could have been a part of. One of them I'm not ready for- The Leadville 100. The event was today, and no way would I be ready for it even if I could get in...but I did watch the movie about last year's event, Race Across the Sky, for the 6th time tonight. I think I will do that event someday if I can take the time to train and get used to the elevation.
The event that I might have been a part of was the Rapture in Misery 12 hour race at Crowder Park today. My mom told me it was happening this weekend, but we were up in Missouri for family stuff and I didn't have the time to participate this year. I participated in this event in 2004 when it was held at Landahl Park, and I'm ready to do it again, and maybe try it solo.... or maybe I've been watching Race Across the Sky a little too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Finish of race in Kansas 2004