Saturday, June 18, 2011

June update

Now only 3 weeks from the epic Katy trail ride. The boys are excited, as am I. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to get in any official training rides lately. I am pretty sure their determination to complete the entire trip will carry most of them to the end. I am expecting 10 boys and 5 or six adult riders.
I think I rode Monday this week before I got knocked down with illness. Trying to recover from a bout of strep throat. I hope to ride at least this monday before I fly to CA on business....and no bike riding this time, most likely.
I am told by my friend Carter Bishop, who sells lube out in Utah and who is getting me started selling lube in the midwest, that I have a ticket in to Interbike again this year. My wife tells me I have airfare....the only thing left is to actually buy the airfare and figure out sleeping arrangements. YAHOO! I had such a great time last year...and to top it off, I just used all of my airline miles to book passage for my wife and I to Kauai in September! Looking forward to some scuba diving and some mountain biking! Glad my sister lives there and can show me around.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Finish of race in Kansas 2004