Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The 29er is in business!


Last night, I completed the build on the 29er frame that I bought. I was planning on enlisting some help with the build last weekend because of my lack of confidence in my abilities. When no one was available, I started piecing it together a little at a time each day. Last night, with the help of my neighbor Donald Francis, the gears were adjusted, and she is done! I can't believe I was able to do almost the whole thing myself. I spent 2 hours in the bike shop cutting and installing cables yesterday. Obviously, I'm not real fast, but it works.

Rode to work this morning, despite the 100% chance of rain, and it looks like I'll have a clear shot home now that the storms have passed for the moment. It feels strange to be back on a hardtail. Will I get used to it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Finish of race in Kansas 2004